Sunday, May 30, 2010

Album Note - High Places: High Places vs. Mankind


MILES OF TRANE: YES. Excellent. Those who do not find beauty in detachment that encourages inward searching -- not for the meaning of life, perhaps, but just to have somewhere to stare while the music washes around you -- may not care for this form of experimental music. But I love it. It is melodic, lyrical, and more bearable for those who want soul in their music than much of the stuff I approve around here, but this will not be in your top 40 or even top 400 playlist, except maybe on campus and specialty large-market stations.This album goes on my shortlist -- of what I'm not sure, but when I want to hear it I don't want to have to wade through much of anything else.

Pitchfork: Album Reviews: High Places: High Places vs. Mankind 7.0/10.0

High Places Vs. Mankind reviews at Metacritic.com 73/100 (generally favorable reviews)

MP3 <><><><><> or <><><><><> CD