Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Album Note - The Dead Weather: Sea of Cowards



MILES OF TRANE: YES. It's Jack White's latest band so you knew I'd like it. As much as it is Jack, it's not the White Stripes or The Raconteurs. My greatest amazement is that I've found reviews that do not use the term 'raw' to describe it, because that so immediately comes to mind. Maybe it's too obvious and must be avoided for that reason. I think the numerical ratings could be higher but I'm not sure I'm being objective because I knew I would love it just as I did Horehound. So it was preordained, perhaps settling the free will debate once and for all, or at least for this release. Luckily I was right about how great it would be so it's working out. Some other new albums are due for a note soon; LCD Soundsystems and the Black Keys have new releases. I know I will love those as well, so free will gets another test soon -- because I've been fooled before. Not on Sea of Cowards.

Pitchfork: Album Reviews: The Dead Weather: Sea of Cowards 7.8/10.0

Sea Of Cowards reviews at Metacritic.com 72/100 (generally favorable reviews)